Canandaigua Home Energy Improvement Program
This grant provides up to $5,000 to assist single family homeowners in the City of Canandaigua with home repairs that will facilitate the installation of energy improvements.
- Eligible Properties: Participating homes must be located in the City of Canandaigua and occupied by an income eligible owner. Participants in the grant portion of this program must have an income that is less than 80% of the area median income. There is a sliding scale for the owner’s portion of the project based on income.
- Owner Contribution Calculation: Applicant households with incomes at or below 60% of Ontario County’s Median Family Income will not be required to contribute to the cost of the project. For applicant households with incomes above 60% of the Ontario Median Family Income with repayment ability, a contribution will be requested. PathStone will use a short, family budget form to determine the applicant’s repayment ability.
- Sliding scale as follows:
|% Family Median Income||Owner Contribution|
|<60%||No contribution requested up to $10,000, 100% of costs over $10,000|
|60% to 64%||3% of the total project cost, 100% of costs over $10,000|
|65% to 69%||4% of the total project cost, 100% of costs over $10,000|
|70% to 74%||5% of the total project cost, 100% of costs over $10,000|
|75% to 80%||6% of the total project cost, 100% of costs over $10,000|
- Other Requirements: In addition to income requirements there are other fiscal responsibilities required to participate in the program.
- Proof of paid property taxes.
- Proof of ownership with submittal of the deed named as owner or with named lifetime use.
- Proof of current homeowners liability and casualty insurance.
- Homeowner must be current with any mortgage payments.
- Any code violations must be repaired either prior to or remedied by participation in the program.
- Owner must sign a declaration agreeing to maintain any repairs/improvements for a period of 7 years.
- Property Selection: All participants must attend a Home Energy and Money Management Workshop provided by PathStone prior to being accepting into the program. After attendance of the work shop, eligible applicants will be approved on a first completed application with all supporting documentation. PathStone will have staff and office space available by appointment at our homeownership office located at 5297 Parkside Drive Canandaigua, NY 14424.
- Eligible Repairs: Health, safety and long term affordability are the goals of this program ensuring a safe living environment while reducing operating costs for the homeowner.
Health and Safety
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Handrail and stair replacement
- Plumbing repairs of active leaks, plugged drains, corroded pipes
- Replacement of defective faucets, commodes, water heaters
- Electric repairs including replacing fuses or unsafe breaker panels and frayed or undersized risers
- Accessibility improvements, ramps, grab bars, lighting as needed by occupants
- Gutter replacement if missing or repair if damaged
- Roof repairs under $500.00
- City of Canandaigua code violations
Energy Conservation Measures (As determined by NYSERDA Energy Auditor)
- Installing insulation in the exterior walls, attic, basement area
- Installation of higher efficiency heating equipment
- Repair of unsafe heating equipment
- Installation of energy efficient light fixtures
- Air sealing the building envelope and duct system
- Installing water conservation measures
- Replacement/repair of windows and doors
- Installation and repair of ductwork or radiators
For more information on this grant please call us at (585) 546-3700 Ext.3003 or fill out our Intake Form.