Weatherization Assistance Program
The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) is brought to you by U.S. Departments of Energy and Health and Human Services. The WAP assists income-eligible families and individuals by reducing heating/cooling costs and improving the safety of homes or rented property through free energy efficiency measures.
The program consists of a six step process:
- intake form
- waiting list
- weatherization service
- follow up inspection
Once we have completed the audit of your home, we may begin a range of the following free services depending on our findings:
- Addition of insulation to walls or ceilings
- Reduce heat loss and cold air drafts
- Cleaning, testing, repairs or replacements of heating systems, weather stripping, and caulking around doors and windows
- Repair cracks and broken glass in windows or doors
- Address moisture issues, health and safety, and comfort issues in your home
- Minor repairs as needed to ensure maximum efficiency from weatherization service
In addition to WAP, PathStone is also an EmPower contractor. EmPower New York provides no-cost energy efficiency solutions to income-eligible New Yorkers. Nearly 100,000 of your neighbors are saving energy and saving money with EmPower New York — without spending a dime. Whether you own your home or rent, PathStone assesses if your home would benefit from free energy upgrades such as:
- Air sealing to plug leaks and reduce drafts
- Insulation to make your home more comfortable all year round
- Replacement of inefficient refrigerators and freezers
- New energy-efficient lighting
- Plus, free health and safety checks of your smoke detectors, appliances and more
Both WAP and EmPower are income qualified programs. To see if you qualify find the number of people living in your household and the gross income on this chart.
To sign up for the waiting list please fill out out Intake Form or call (585) 442-2030 ext. 202
Please understand that we currently have a waiting list and that every house or rental property does not receive the same improvements. Our energy improvements must have a justifiable savings to investment ratio in order for us to replace or repair. We will provide all necessary improvements for your specific home or rented property.
|Household Size||Gross Income Limit|